We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Weekend Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To manage all day to day aspects of preparation and presentation of the food service offer to the Company's standards
- Prepare food to the highest standard of quality at all times
- Manage food ordering to the required company standard.
- Follow recipes and instruction, as directed by line manager and in accordance to the required food offer
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department
- To ensure that food is presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed to comply with company and industry standards
- To communicate well with customers and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times
- To undertake cleaning and ensure all aspects of equipment and production area cleaning is completed: walls up to 6ft, floors, fixtures, fittings, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, glassware etc., to the Company’s standard according to the cleaning rota or as directed
- Meet the demands of customers by providing the correct catering services within the agreed SLA contract agreement
- Maintain levels of stock and carry out stock takes.
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- Ensure that all equipment used, is in safe working order and report any faults to line manager, ensuring the equipment is not used until safe.
- To fulfil any other reasonable requests
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Experienced in working in a busy kitchen environment
- Passionate for producing fresh food to a high standard
- Customer focused
- A strong communicator
- Experienced at working with a team
- Complying to health, safety and hygiene standards
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland). In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.