We are currently seeking a Weekend Chef to work in one of our Limerick sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
- Food preparation & service in a high volume kitchen environment.
- Supervision of Commis Chefs and Kitchen Porters, whilst working as part of the kitchen team.
- Assisting with menu planning and ordering.
- Ensuring that high standards of food quality and service times are maintained.
- Temperature record taking and recording
- Adhering to HACCP regulations
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in food handling and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene & HACCP.
- Customer Service – a strong commitment and track record in providing a high level of customer service in a busy environment.
- Communication – good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate positively to customers at all levels.
- Flexibility – the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Passion for and knowledge of current food trends.
7 - 23 hours plus per week
Week 1 -Saturday 16.00-03.00 / Sunday 16.00-0.300
Week 2 -Sunday 08.00-15.00
Week 3 - Saturday 16.00-03.00 / Sunday 16.00-0.300
Week 4 - Sunday 08.00-15.00
Training will given
Applications to: Gillian.Sheehan@sodexo.com
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process