Waste Team Leader
We are looking for an experienced Waste Team Leader to join our team on a prestigious pharmaceutical site in Harrogate. You would have a proven track record in this professional area and excellent leadership skills. Hazardous waste knowledge would be highly beneficial.
We can offer professional development, industry training and progression opportunities within the company.
- To ensure all aspects of Health & Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance within Waste Operations on sites under your responsibility are compliant.
- Legislative compliance. Ensuring that all aspects of waste operations on sites in your remit are conducted in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements and Codes of Practice.
- Maintain formal and informal communications with Clients and Customers.
- Maintain and develop a positive working culture and team environment for employees through sound leadership, effective communication and delegation.
- Developing staff competence, confidence, capabilities and efficiency to improve Client and Customer experience, team and individual performance and prepare individuals for other roles.
- Ensure staff training is completed as and when required.
- Identification of new service offerings and potential revenue for Sodexo
- Provide expert waste advice to all Clients waste producers, in conjunction with other waste staff and waste contractors.
- Ensure all back to work interviews completed within a timely fashion.
- Maintenance of good housekeeping in all areas of site assigned to Waste Operations.
- Hosting contractors or visitors where required including completing inductions and carrying out safety checks before the works start.
- Ensure routine waste collection activities on site are completed safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in the segregation, packaging and labelling of wastes.
- Assist in the removal of waste from site and the completion of paperwork associated with this task.
- Ensure completion of pre-use checks and the safe use of mechanical equipment.
- Cover any holiday or sickness within our Porters team.
- Assist with the management and task of winter clearance on site alongside our Porters team.
- Conduct monthly waste meetings to our site client.
- Management of waste sub-contractors.
The Ideal Candidate
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of UK Waste Regulations.
- Valid driving licence.
- Basic chemical safety and awareness.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to use Word and Excel.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- On-site parking and canteen with Costa coffee shop
- 20 days’ holidays per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Shopping, hotel, cinema discounts and more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process