Test Supervisor - Mobile Test Unit
To increase programme testing capacity for COVID-19, a mobile testing operating model was established in mid-April. Mobile Testing Units currently enable self-administered testing, by setting up a small site at strategic locations near fixed regional test site.
We are seeking to recruit Test Supervisors to oversee the management of the Mobile Testing Unit, supervising the service delivery and all activities and outputs for the unit.
Typical working hours on average are from 7.00am – 6.00pm with rest breaks in-between and will be on a rota of 3 days on and then 3 days off. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have a valid UK driving license with a minimum of 2 years driving experience and no more than 6 points on your licence. You will also need access to your own vehicle as in the absence of the Site Manager, you will be required to drive the Mobile Test Unit to and from site each day.
The Rapid Test Site will change from day to day and you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance without travel expenses from the Rapid Test Site that will be assigned to with less than 48 hours notice. You will have to ensure that whilst travelling to site, you are adhering to government guidelines and social distancing measures.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
Please note, your driving licence will be subject to a compliance check upon application.
- Oversee the management of the testing operation to include; traffic management, test admin support, test collection, test drop off and the supply management of test kits and PPE
- Supervise and actively assist all activities and outputs of the Mobile Testing Unit, ensuring the safety of all staff
- Read and interpret directives and documentation issued
- Carry out instructions provided in a written, oral or diagram form
- Problem-solve and create solutions to complex problems
- Record keeping and ensuring safety regulations and procedures are adhered to
- Supervisory practices, training and motivating members of the team ensuring to provide support
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level and correct PPE is always worn
- Drive the mobile testing vehicle to the required destination in the absence of the Site Manager/when necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Due to the nature of the role, you must be 25 or over and must be in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19. You must also have valid UK driving licence with a minimum of 2 years driving experience and no more than 6 points on your licence.
- You must have access to a vehicle as you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance from the Rapid Test Site without travel expenses with location assigned with less than 48 hours notice.
- You must have native or bilingual proficiency level English
- Experience of following strict guidelines and procedures
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- Willingness to work in an outdoor environment
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
- Understanding of PPE practices is desirable, however training is provided
- First aid trained
- Previous experience as a supervisor
- Cleaning and sterilisation experience
- Experience of transporting medical waste (the collection of PPE and biohazard waste)
- Experience working in a medical, clinical or health environment
- Hourly rate of £13.50
- This position is offered on a casual basis
- Successful candidates will need to be available for an immediate start
- Please only apply for this role via www.sodexojobs.co.uk
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.