Technical Services Manager (Senior Engineering Professional)
Sodexo are looking for a senior engineering professional to strategically lead hard services provision at our flagship client site in central London, the Shell London Campus.
We are supporting our client through a large-scale real estate transformation which includes site closures and mergers, new builds and exciting changes to existing property.
As Technical Services Manager, you will be responsible for leading the on-site engineering team (c. 5 direct reports, 16 indirect reports) to deliver market-leading building engineering services. In addition, you will act as the subject matter expert for our real estate clients and will hold responsibility for managing client relations, P&L, HSEQ, innovation and people management within your domain of expertise.
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 2,000 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
Onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Click here to find our more about careers with Energy & Resources and check out this video all about life at Sodexo:
- To support the Site Director and Shell UK Technical Lead in coordinating multiple projects and improvement plans designed to enhance the quality and efficiency of our hard service offering throughout the IFM Shell contract
- Responsible for the proactive leadership and management of all technical services on-site providing the Shell Campus ensuring statutory and mandatory compliance at all times
- To lead and undertake internal technical and statutory audits to ensure statutory compliance is in line with technical and health and safety legislative regulations and contractual obligations
- To prepare technical reports with recommendations and guidance for corrective/preventive actions leading to continual improvement in the M&E service delivery
- Support the implementation and delivery of a defined technical services strategy through effective partnership working with managers, colleagues, clients and customers to provide innovative, quality and marketable services which are fit for the future and exceed contractual commitments
- To prepare annual budgets for planned and reactive activities and thereafter responsible for the control of and operation within set budget
- Implement innovative and efficient ways of working to reduce client costs while maintaining or improving the service
- Motivate and lead technical services teams to manage all resources associated with delivery of contracted services to the highest of standards
- To develop within the team a high-performing culture balancing the need for cohesion, stability and innovation to meet both client and Sodexo’s overall objectives and vision
- Responsible for the interrogation and implementation of HSE processes and procedures to ensure all staff are working with a zero-harm mentality
- To oversee subcontractors including dispute resolution and escalation when appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- A technical services management qualification or at least 5 years technical services management experience and in-depth knowledge of facilities management & construction, in a large complex high-rise office environment dealing with a multi-disciplined team
- Experience of implementing both planned and reactive maintenance schedules
- A sound belief in the principles of HSE, with demonstrable examples of leading by example and instilling a mindset of zero harm
- Sound financial knowledge
- Good IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification, and knowledge of relevant legislation, especially in relation to health & safety
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Capable of dealing with colleagues and customers at all levels, both internally and externally
- Team player, willing to take ownership and responsibility in the role
- Previous experience of working as an authorised person
- Highly competitive salary
- Performance led bonus scheme
- Flexible benefit fund
- 25 days holiday (rising to 28 days after 3 years’ service) + public holidays
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.