Technical Managers - Healthcare
Here at Sodexo we have a rewarding & varied permanent role available for an experienced Technical Manager to be based at our Hereford Hospital site - a unique, idyllic rural hospital like no other. You’ll be providing technical service expertise to support delivery of the Project Management and Estates Management Services. The successful candidate will be a Duty Holder, subject matter expert and technical lead for HTM disciplines.
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent, secure role
- Stunning environment
- Cross collaborative stakeholder management
- Excellent remuneration
- A supportive team you’ll be proud to be part of
- Long standing PFI contract
- Duty Holder, subject matter expert and technical lead for HTM Water 03-01, 03-02 Fire 05-01 disciplines to support delivery of the Services
- Monitoring of employee competence and provision of feedback
- Liaising with the Estates Maintenance Manager and Project Managers to provide technical support to ensure the Access and Lifecycle Plans
- Identification and reporting of items requiring cyclical replacement
- Provision of technical input
- Ensure adherence to and enforcement of the site health and safety, quality and risk management policies and procedures
- Ensure application of, and adherence to, Safe Systems of Work
- Provision of business continuity and emergency response plans
- Management of operational policies/procedures pertaining to technical disciplines
- Monitoring and update of the risk register
- Ensuring correct use of management systems
- Management and maintenance of the technical library
- Management of costs impacting on the financial performance of the Services
- Ensuring the asset schedule of equipment is updated, and required maintenance identified to ensure continued compliance and availability.
- Management and monitoring of specialist sub-contractors
- Undertaking monitoring of the Services activities as required, identifying, managing and closing
- Monitoring and review of the technical disciplines through the conduct of and participation in audits and the preparation and management of action plans
- Provision of management and service performance information, data and analysis
- Establishment and maintenance of effective communications
- Attendance at meetings (project and corporate)
- Participation in and contribution to Sodexo forums, initiatives and training
- Participate in the on-call team rota
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience within the healthcare sector in the delivery of technical services, including knowledge and experience of working to applicable HTM’s; in particular Water Hygiene within a Healthcare Environment and Management of Fire Systems and Compartmentation in line with applicable Standards, knowledge of FIRAS Accreditation would be a distinct advantage.
- Duty Holder experience.
- Relevant engineering/technical qualification and experience.
- Articulate and confident communicator (both verbal and written), with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in managing and monitoring contractor performance.
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to issue resolution.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working within the changing needs of the business.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and service excellence.
- Experience of working within complex/PFI contractual framework.
- H&S qualification (IOSH or equivalent).
To £46,000 + benefits
Based Hereford Hospital
Work Pattern - Monday to Friday 40hrs pw. Flexible working considered
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.