Substance Misuse Nurse
HMP YOI Bronzefield are looking for Substance Misuse Nurses to come and join our dedicated team of professional clinicians. The role will be specialising in Alcohol and Substance Misuse.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Why choose Sodexo?
We provide a safe and controlled working environment where you get to see the full cycle of patient care and work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to work independently, make your own decisions and have a family friendly work-life balance. Some of the benefits that we offer are:
- Excellent salary £35,352.92 per annum + London weighting
- Free on-site parking
- Free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- BUPA cover
- Free learning and development
- Access to Sodexo Discounts – wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Access to flexible benefits – this is via salary sacrifice where you can purchase a wide range of benefits including holidays, insurance and dental cover.
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee’s
- Refer a friend to nursing bonus
- Staff will be allocated to attend training according to identified training needs is based on skills gap analysis and service needs and e.g. Training to run Alcohol Clinic, Substitute prescriptions administration (methadone and subutex clinics)
- There is gym on site which staff can attend on their free times and you can also have subsidised gym membership in the community
From April 2023, the healthcare services within Sodexo's prisons will be transitioning to a new service provider.
- Work in close collaboration with the Lead Substance Misuse GP and Pharmacist regarding the development and implementation of treatment protocols, policies and national guidelines for clinical management, continuation of care and substitute prescribing regimes and clinical observations to ensure patient’s safety.
- Work in close collaboration with the Clinical Recovery Lead / Substance Misuse GP and Pharmacist regarding the development and implementation of protocols and guidelines for the management of patients who have substance misuse issues out of core hours.
- Attend and contribute to joint case reviews and attend CPA meetings.
- Contribute and provide regular supervision and support for the Health Care Staff and contribute to the duty rotas and shift patterns to ensure a safe and effective seven-day cover self rostering
- Contribute to devising and delivering training to other Clinical Staff, Recovery Workers and other relevant staff across the prison.
- Be responsible for the induction, clinical supervision and training of the junior health care assistants so as to maintain high standards of care.
- Participate in regular supervision, peer review and the appraisal scheme using reflective practice.
- We are looking for people who can run a variety of nurse led substance misuse clinics i.e. Alcohol clinics, Joint review clinics
The Ideal Candidate
- Registered first level nurse with training and experience
- Knowledge of needs of patients with long-term conditions and health promotion strategies
- Aware of accountability of own role and other roles in a nurse-led service
- Awareness of clinical governance issues in primary care
- Knowledge of patient group directions and associated policy
- Self-directed nurse
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work flexible hours, which will include weekends, evenings and nights on a 7-day a week rota.
- Ability to work across boundaries
- Involvement in implementing and using protocols and clinical guidelines
- Ability to communicate difficult messages to patients, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Good level of IT skills
- Experience in Substance Misuse field
£37,608.80 per annum + £3453 London weighting
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.