We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Waiter/Waitress (also known as a Steward) to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
1. To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance conducive with working in a front‑of‑house environment. Conduct must remain professional at all times.
2. To provide the service of all foods and beverages to the highest standard and to carry out minor food preparation tasks as directed by the Supervisor, ie condiments, etc.
3. To maintain the required standard of cleanliness by working as per the cleaning schedule in all relevant areas both front-and back-of-house.
4. To ensure all documentation procedures are followed accurately as required, ie meal vouchers, 1033 forms, daily meal sheets, etc.
5. To report any equipment defects/deficiencies immediately to the Supervisor/Mess Manager. To include electrical equipment, ie fridges, dishwasher, still, toaster, etc and other equipment, ie cutlery, crockery etc. Breakage books must be completed fully for all breakages that occur.
6. To ensure work methods adhere to current COSHH regulations and products are used economically. Always follow the cleaning schedule to ensure the correct products are used for the different tasks.
7. To assist with function preparation as directed by the Supervisor/Mess Manager, ie silver cleaning, dining room layout, napkins, etc.
8. To adopt safe working practices that ensure compliance with Food Safety and Health and Safety Legislation, and adherence with all Company Quality Control Procedures.
To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process