We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Steward to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Steward you will be responsible for:
- Serving food and beverages in a professional manner with high levels of customer service
- Setting and cleaning tables and service areas
- To ensure all documentation procedures are followed accurately as required, ie meal vouchers, daily meal sheets, etc
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
- Presenting menus to customers and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Removing dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning
- Serving food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required
- Stocking service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens
- Other adhoc tasks as directed by the Mess Manager or Head Chef
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience in catering, hospitality, fine dining or banqueting environment
- Experience in the military would be an advantage
- Understanding of food hygiene and customer service
- The ability to accurately process information/merchandise through the Till system with a good standard of numeracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- First class communication skills and demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to demonstrate great team work
- 20 days paid annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service.
- Company pension scheme.
- Employment discount program
- We offer comprehensive benefits that let full- and part-time employees choose the plans that are right for them
- We guarantee all employees will receive respect and fair treatment
- Ensuring a safe and secure workplace
- Providing training on-the-job, online and in classroom settings that help you excel in your current job and advance to positions of greater responsibility
- Opening the doors to higher education
- An employee incentive scheme
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.