Sodexo Live currently have an excellent opportunity for a self motivated and extremely organised individual to join the team at Ascot.
We are looking to recruit a Staffing Coordinator to join the HR team where you will provide people management support to a casual workforce onsite.
This includes working with the operational managers to understand the staffing needs on site and help devise a plan to recruit casual staff, onboard them, manage their time sheets and pay, their holiday requests and also use the onsite time attendance system to effectively plan a roster for all staff.
This is a fast paced, demanding yet rewarding role where you will be an integral part of the team ensuring we are able to deliver all services to guests by recruiting and supporting a successful workforce of talented individuals.
- o deliver the recruitment, staffing and planning objectives for Ascot and Major Events Operational Account
- Using the on-site time and attendance system to effectively to plan and roster staff for all agreed accounts
- Reporting the forecasted staffing costs, including management, direct and agency staff, transport costs, accommodation, uniform and expenses for allocated accounts.
- Ensuring all employees are paid correct wages in a timely manner and any wages queries are dealt with efficiently
- Liaise with agencies to provide timesheets, handling any queries and processing their purchase orders
- To develop excellent relationships with casual staff, the Management team and the Ascot client
- To be responsible for day to day operations and supervision of a staff check-in account
- Support managing the casual staffing team, to ensure all staff going onto site are in the correct uniform and conform to dress code standards
For a full list of responsibilities please view the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working in a similar role recruiting and managing a casual workforce
- Experience of working in the events or service industry
- Confident in the use of MS Office, especially Excel along with other computer programmes such as managing time sheets and payroll
- Be resilient and adaptable to changing circumstances - this is a very fast paced role!
- An excellent communicator, able to manage people from different backgrounds, showing empathy and trust.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process