We are currently recruiting a Sous Chef to join our catering and hospitality team at a high-profile University. This role is primarily Monday to Friday, however may require weekend / evening work as per the business needs.
As Sous Chef you will support the Head Chef and oversee a team of 6 to ensure to deliver the highest standards of service to our customers. With excellent craft skills and flexibility to produce a range of requirements, you will ensure the efficient preparation of fresh quality food.
This position will suit an ambitious people manager with a passion for innovation, who is skilled in fresh food delivery and customer experience.
We are looking for an individual with a keen eye for detail and passion for food.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of quality food for students on campus including events and hospitality
- Ensure food provided is to the correct standard and as the service offer
- Supervise, motivate and inspire the existing team to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required
- Develop the hospitality offering and the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site
- Order and control stock levels and administration
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Support the Head Chef with menu writing and food development
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a Sous Chef role, teamed with excellent craft skills
- Excellent supervisory skills and experience of working in a culinary team
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.