Sommelier at Headingley Stadium
We currently have an opportunity for a Sommelier to join our team, working our busy and exciting events here at Headingley Stadium, ranging from match day fixtures to high profile international sporting events and more. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Sommelier you will be responsible for:
- Selecting wines and beverages and pairing them to the food menu
- Working closely with the hospitality staff, managers, and chefs to ensure the correct wines are paired correctly
- Communicating well with customers and staff
- Serving drinks at the correct temperature and in the correct manner
- Assisting with other front-of-house tasks such as operating EPOS tills, managing the bar area and delivering and maintaining a high standard of service
- Providing excellent customer service to all consumers, to manage and rotate stock, to maintain the cleanliness of the bars at all times and comply with Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Work
The Ideal Candidate
- Good knowledge of a wide selection of wines and other drinks
- Good communication and selling skills.
- A willingness to work as part of a team.
- Previous experience working in hospitality bars
About the Company
Sodexo Live! is offering exciting opportunities to work at top venues delivering the highest standard of events across the country. As a company we provide catering on behalf of our clients at prestigious sites and events including Headingley Stadium, Ascot Racecourse, The RHS Chelsea Flower Show, Brighton AMEX Stadium, Edinburgh Corn Exchange, Goodison Park and many more.
To help us deliver the highest quality service we are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team. We have a range of positions available to set you off on the right track within Sodexo, so step up to the mark, be more than a spectator and become a part of our team.