Soft Services Facilities Manager
We are looking for an experienced and very capable Soft Services Manager to join our team of 22 in Sudbury. On this site we deliver cleaning, security, waste and catering services. You would have a strong cleaning management bias with a good understanding of security services. You would also have excellent leadership and stakeholder management skills.
We offer a salary up to £29,000, flexible benefits fund and Sodexo employee benefits.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the Sudbury site, and to ensure full working knowledge of the areas and buildings within the Sodexo responsibility at the site.
- Ensure adequate control and monitoring is applied to all finance activities undertaken.
- Ensure consistency in process and procedures deployed in operational delivery of services across all sites/contracts.
- Functional responsibility for service activity for ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and non-statutory legislation/guidance and site specific health and safety and welfare policies, and ensure site is audit ready for external inspections at all times
- Support the Account Management teams and other stakeholders in the delivery of all services within the scope of the role, and provide shoulder to shoulder technical service input as required in order to enhance the credibility of the Sodexo brand, providing guidance and expertise and promote the One Sodexo culture
- Ensure that the site is statutory and mandatory (contractually) compliant at all times for services delivered within scope, and robust and rigorous means of recording this are maintained.
- Ensure that all services within the scope of the role are adequately resourced, and the required infrastructure is in place in order to manage the service, track cost and value, and to ensure that contract level information has the granularity required to make well informed decisions.
- Interact with customers and take positive action in order to ensure that Sodexo are the supplier of choice for all services within our scope of offering
- Ensure that all services costs are correctly applied and charged according to the terms of an applicable contract. Obtain prior approval for expenditure to be committed that falls outside the agreed delegated powers.
- Ensure that processes are in place to assure the prompt provision and efficient delivery of all services at the specified time to the standards laid down in specified contract Key Performance Indicator’s.
- Comply with the procedures as laid down within the Sodexo HR Manual or as advised by the management team and Human Resources Manager.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and communicate at every opportunity.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in Facilities Management Soft Services delivery
- Experience managing cleaning services and understanding of security service delivery
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- Experience of managing teams
- Financially astute and experienced in managing budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process