Soft Services Facilities Manager
An excellent opportunity has become available within a community hospital in Edinburgh for a Soft Services facilities manager with a strong catering background.
The 60-bed hospital is set in a gorgeous building and provides long term mental health and palliative care services to residents. As the stay in this setting can be anywhere from a couple months to several years, the hospital aims to provide a welcoming, warm and comfortable environment.
With the help from Assistant Manager you would lead a team of 22 staff, providing catering, domestic, laundry, waste, pest control and maintenance porterage services. This role would be most suitable to someone with a background in catering services and a residential type of environment (hospitals, care homes, hospices, prisons, boarding schools, etc).
We offer a great working environment, a friendly team, a salary of £25,000 - £28,000, Sodexo employee benefits and excellent development and progression opportunities within the company.
- Run day to day operations on site, ensuring high level service delivery
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders
- Team management
- Operational budget responsibility
- Achieving Financial targets
- Health & Safety responsibility on site
The Ideal Candidate
- Substantial managerial experience
- Sound understanding of Catering Services Management
- Previous experience in a similar setting – hospitals, prisons, residential schools, etc.
- Great people management skills
- Good financial sense
- IT literate
- Ideally – CIEH L3 Food Safety qualification
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process