Soft Services Assistant
To provide a food service to the agreed standards in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators specified in the service contract
To provide a high standard of cleaning service within contracted buildings and assist generally with any onsite preparation, presentation and service of food and beverages within the Company's standards and the contract specification.
- Full working knowledge of the areas in the building which are covered by the services run by Sodexo
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as required for the role.
- Control stock, disposables and cleaning material stores to an acceptable level, ensuring stock rotation and safety in storage.
- Be aware of the condition of the equipment, report any faults to the Catering Team Leader and ensure equipment is not used until safe.
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- To ensure that the preparation, presentation and service are carried out to comply with company standards.
- To ensure that all products are well presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment.
- To provide an efficient, caring and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department and deal with customer requests promptly.
- To ensure that the counter presentation, back up and service is to the Company’s standard.
- To ensure that all areas under your control are left clean and tidy at the end of each service following the close down procedure
- Undertake all aspects of cleaning equipment, walls (up to 6ft), fixtures, fittings, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, glassware, microwaves etc., to the required standards according to the cleaning schedule or as directed
- Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriate at all times, e.g. wet floor signs and warn customers where possible.
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company and client’s standards.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide.
- Report any customer complaints or compliments to Catering Team Leader.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, or near miss to the Catering Team Leader.
- Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness when requested by the Catering Team Leader or Soft Services Supervisor.
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in working in food service, catering and/or hospitality industry
- Industry acumen and knowledge of cleaning and catering services
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
35 Hours per week, Worked Monday - Friday (07:30-15:00).
Company discounts and benefit scheme available
28 days holiday, including bank holidays (pro rata)
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process