Senior HSE Advisor
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior HSE Advisor to be based at our energy client's site in London. The successful candidate will maintain expert knowledge of current health & safety legislation and will provide sound advice to the business on HSE issues whilst managing delivery of strategic initiatives across the south region of the UK. As the Senior HSE Advisor you will provide HSE support to the management of change within the business and assist and support with business continuity plans and exercises
As part of this role, the successful candidate will be expected to travel between sites as well as attend meetings and training around the U.K.
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors. Onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Rise with Sodexo
- Provide HSE advice
- Support HSE strategy
- Provide and assist with compliance to legislative and contractual requirements
- Provide training and engagement in regard to HSE within the business
- Support the achievement of Sodexo Global, UK region and Energy & Resource segment targets by review of performance data and implementation of initiatives
- Drive operational teams to implement a strong safety culture in alignment with Sodexo Zero harm mindset
The Ideal Candidate
- National H&S qualification (NVQ Level 4 or NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent)
- Detailed knowledge of current H&S legislation
- Competent with Microsoft software packages
- Good organisational / communication skills to produce concise information
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines, both prescribed and self imposed
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to drive behaviour to motivate others
Up to £40,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.