We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Security Officer to join our team.
In this important and varied role you will be a key part of our team ensuring the safety of our customers staff, their buildings and assets all whilst providing excellent customer service.
You will get to see a range of different sites and customers - the role will include greeting staff and visitors and ensuring they adhere to the required security protocols, conducting searches where required, patrolling the premises and dealing with security incidents.
With a keen eye and a brilliant way with people, you could look forward to an interesting role where no two days are the same with the opportunity to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Have a look at this fab video to see what Quality of Life means to Sodexo...
As a Security Officer you could be responsible for:
- Ad-hoc support for our security operations
- Ensuring buildings, valuables or people are safe and secure
- Patrolling, securing and monitoring premises, sometimes with the aid of closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Supervising the door for a large organisation
- Guarding cash or other valuables in transit in a security vehicle
- Driving vehicles as and when required
- Health and Safety and Evacuation procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service at all times.
- Good IT knowledge is key,
- You must be flexible and available to work on a varied shift pattern which will include days, nights and weekends.
- It would be a benefit to have from some security experience and your SIA licence, however it’s not essential, as we provide full SIA (Security Industry Authority) licence training.
- As this is a mobile position, you will also need to have a full clean driving licence and your own transport.
- You will be required to go through Police Vetting.
We are currently recruiting for a Security Officer, SIA License required
4 on 4 off nightshift
Fixed term contract - 6 months with opportunity for extension
Overtime available at various other sites around Glasgow/Edinburgh
Police Vetting Level 3 required for the position
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process