We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Security Officer you could be responsible for:
- Ad-hoc support for our security operations
- Ensuring buildings, valuables or people are safe and secure
- Patrolling, securing and monitoring premises, sometimes with the aid of closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Supervising the door for a large organisation
- Guarding cash or other valuables in transit in a security vehicle
- Driving vehicles as and when required
- Health and Safety and Evacuation procedures
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- A full current driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent awareness skills
- Experience in working in a similar role
- A SIA Licence holder – Manned Guarding Licence, SIA Licence holder – CCTV desirable
- Knowledge of security techniques
- Knowledge of site and local emergency procedures
Working a 4-on 4-off, days (0600-1800) and nights (1800-0600), follow the Assignment Instructions, control site access/gates & barriers/turnstiles, deactivate/activate fire detection, deal with fire alarms when required, emergency response and first point of contact for any incident. Carry out site patrols, manage visitor and contractor passes etc. Deal with deliveries/couriers, deal with non English speaking import, export drivers via comms unit, Carry out reception duties including checking emails and acting on them, telephone duties, dealing with incoming mail, monitoring CCTV, carrying out searches as required, Handling lost and found property. Reacting on critical alarms and panic alarms around the site, dealing with winter gritting, conducting fire alarm and break glass testing weekly.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.