We currently have an opportunity for a security officer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a security officer you will be responsible for –
Security operations and support the IFM contract
Ensuring site occupants, premises and perimeters are safe and secure
Patrolling, securing and monitoring premises with the aid of closed circuit television (CCTV)
Supervising the entrance and perimeter of a large food production organisation
Work proactively, use initiative, have a do not walk past work ethic and inquisitive nature
Coordinate Health and Safety and evacuation procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
Excellent customer care skills and the ability to multitask
Excellent communication skills
Excellent awareness skills
The ability to work under pressure
Experience or working in a similar role and environment
Knowledge of security techniques, use of technology, experience of investigations and compiling reports.
- AN ESSENTIAL requirement for this role includes being SIA licenced
- The working hours are:
- Sunday working from 07.30 - 19.30
- Occasional Saturday working may be required
- Security vetting will be required prior to the successful individual starting.
- Working alone to provide security to our Clients, customers and contractors in our Clients European Headquarters, applicants must therefore be confident to work on their own, meet and greet visitors , issue visitors and contractor passes, , sign for deliveries and complete patrols
- Excellent command of the English language is required both oral and written to ensure we continue to provide our Clients and customers with an excellent level of customer care and service
- Excellent IT skills with previous experience using Micro Office software packages including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- We will provide you with a full uniform and PPE enabling the successful applicant to look smart and professional
- We require our staff to be versatile and flexible to meet the needs of our Clients and customers
- Previous experience working in a similar site / environment would be advantageous.
About the Company
About the company, Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults . Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to post, including checks with past employers and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).