We are currently looking for a security officer to join our team at our site in Coventry for day security shifts.
The role offers plenty of opportunities for career progression, overtime and advancement. The hours of work are 6am-6pm on a four on four off shift pattern, and the rate of pay is £8,91 per hour, paid monthly. The shifts can include weekends.
Full training, uniform, and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to you from day one.
- You would be patrolling the site on foot, adopting a patrol tour system, to keep the site secure and will have gatehouse duties as part of this role; additionally, you will be responsible for ‘lock and unlock’ duties on site, and will be the first point of contact at the reception/gatehouse desk, it is therefore very important that you have a positive, customer focussed attitude
- You will also be responsible for responding to calls for service/fire alarms, therefore adherence to site health, safety, fire, and general procedures, is of critical importance
- You will be operating in a trusted position and will be required to carry out duties such as issuing room keys and other equipment to visitors and staff, and monitoring CCTV
You will be first aid trained, and be relied upon to deliver first aid, when required, including effective liaison with site management and the emergency services
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have excellent communication skills, as well as good situational awareness and judgement, with an eye for detail
- Will have experience working in a similar role (though, this is not essential, as full training is provided)
- An SIA Licence holder (manned guarding and/or CCTV – though this is not essential, as full training is provided)
- Will be reliable, dependable, and maintain high standards of service and timekeeping, at all times
Looking to join a world leading facilities management company? Are you someone with a keen eye for detail who has exceptional standards of cleaning? We want to hear from you! Start your career with Sodexo and join the thousands of employees already working alongside us. We offer quality of life services across a vast number of careers offering unrivalled opportunity for growth and progression.
‘We don’t have Employees – We have Team Members’
You don’t just join Sodexo – You belong. What do we mean when we say belong? It’s simple. We create a company where everyone is respected and know that their ideas count. We take care of the quality of life of our people. We make your workplace inclusive, encouraging people to bring their whole self to work, every day. That’s our philosophy, in a nutshell.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business. We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process. Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.