We currently have an opportunity for a Retail Assistant to join our team on a casual basis.
This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To deliver and maintain highest standards of customer service in the retail shop.
- To be responsible for taking of monies, cashing up and floats and use automated till.
- To fill in appropriate paperwork and cashing up of tills at the beginning and end of each shift.
- To assist/complete routine stock counting, stock take, layouts, restocking and promotion set up.
- To be fully conversant with stock rotation principles. To rotate all stock and ensure that no out of date stock is on shelves.
- To clean cooking equipment, shelving, refrigeration and counters as needed to ensure that the shop is maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness at all times.
- To manage incoming deliveries and ensure all correct stock is received and appropriately stored.
- Be responsible for ordering with suppliers and check delivery notes when appropriate.
- To be able to work as a member of a team or on own initiative as working hours dictate.
- Be available to work shifts in line with scheduled contracted hours including early, late and weekends.
- To ensure security of cash/cheques and documentation (eg till readings etc).
- To be fully conversant with company Health and Safety, policy and procedures and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks as directed by your Retail Manager or Supervisor and achieve within the specified deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good level of numeracy/literacy and an effective Communicator as part of team
- Driven by quality, providing highest standards of service at all times
- Experience or knowledge of the retail environment
- Manual handling ability
- Food Handling and/or H and S qualification desirable
- IT skills an advantage
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.