*Please note this position is NIGHTSHIFT working 20:00-08:00 on a 4-on, 4-off basis*
The hours of work are working any four nights of seven, on a rolling four-on-four-off basis. The rate of pay is £9.84 per hour, paid monthly, and this role is offered on a permanent basis.
We have a fantastic Bonus scheme in place meaning for every hour worked at site you can earn an additional £1 per hour paid quarterly - please enquire
As part of this role, you will work as part of a team that provides 24-hour cover at the Approved Premises (AP), including security and monitoring services.
You'll provide assistance and support to offenders in the AP that helps ensure they are less likely to reoffend, get recalled, or to breach of the conditions of their licence or Court Order.
- You will be responsible for Monitoring CCTV and conducting hourly patrols of the premises, logging and escalating any issues, where required
- You will ensure residents are safe and in-house on time, and that the resident’s welfare is monitored and positively maintained, including carrying out various room/site checks, in line with site procedures
- You will assist in the supervision of residents and help to always maintain a positive, safe environment by roll modelling pro-social behaviours, and adhering to all site and Sodexo health and safety procedures
- You will embody Sodexo’s values of team, service, and customer spirit, as well as demonstrating an inclusive attitude towards all residents and colleagues, in everything you do
- You will ensure strict adherence to all policies, procedures, and site rules in all work-related activities, including the handling of the sensitive/confidential data
- You will ensure the ongoing smooth running of the AP, by providing a comprehensive handover to the dayshift workers
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be able to communicate effectively with residents and colleagues alike, and this will include excellent verbal and written communication skills; this will include when communicating with individuals who may present difficult or aggressive behaviour
- You will be comfortable working on your own initiative as well as part of a team, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- You will be comfortable using a computer and, with training, be capable of using the relevant IT systems in place within the AP
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will have an understanding of factors related to offending – e.g. substance use, mental health; knowledge and understanding of risk assessment/ risk management relating to offenders; and knowledge and understanding of the work of the Criminal Justice system and Probation Service
- You will operate, at all times, to the highest standards of confidentiality, honesty, and integrity
- SIA License preferable but not essential
- Will be over 21 years of age (mandatory requirement, due to the nature of the environment we operate in)
- Willingness to participate in all required vetting for the role, including an enhanced DBS check (mandatory requirement)
We are looking for Residential Assistants to work alongside National Probation Service (NPS) residential workers, within secure homes for ex-offenders who are on license from the prison service and are making the transition back into the community.
This position offers a real sense of value and meaning as you work alongside the NPS team to support rehabilitation and help reduce re-offending amongst the residents, by helping to keep the site and the residents safe and secure overnight.
At Sodexo we offer unrivalled opportunities for development and progression and offer comprehensive training and support for all our roles. This is a permanent position with competitive pay rates.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business. We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process. Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.