Catering Relief Manager
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Relief Manager with catering background to join our regional accounts team looking after 10 sites in the central belt of Scotland (ideally based in Glasgow). This would be a great role for a Facilities Management professional from a small site to gain a multi-service regional exposure as a steppingstone in their career. We deliver catering, cleaning, security, reception, janitorial and mailroom services on our sites so it would be preferred for you to have soft services FM background with experience in catering.
We offer a 30-hour week contract with a salary of £25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience. Please note that this is a mobile position covering 10 sites in the central belt of Scotland.
- Ensure the standards across the Sodexo services are in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators specified in the service contract
- Take adequate steps to ensure the security of Company and Client property and monies under your control.
- Compile and agree site reporting documents to be reviewed by your line manager, and to be responsible for achieving all actions
- Maintain excellent client relationships and communicate with the day to day client at every opportunity – whilst on sites.
- Initiate a process of continuous improvement by supporting site management to undertake company promotions and extraordinary merchandising initiatives to ensure the profitable growth of the contract.
- Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers, clients and staff.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth both within the contract and the external market.
- Maximise profitable sales by the introduction and maintenance of food service brands to the standard required by the Company.
- Action customer compliments by praising management and staff and assist resolve complaints satisfactorily, referring to your line manager where necessary.
- Attend to and take all necessary action, statutory or otherwise, in the event of incidents or accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Previous catering, cleaning and support services experience
- Catering craft background - preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role is essential
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process