Regional HSE Risk & Compliance Manager
Safety is a key priority for Sodexo and to ensure we’re doing all we can to safeguard our people, clients and customers we’re looking for a HSE Manager to join our HSE team who are remotely based across the UK.
We’re looking for a HSE professional who’s passionate about creating a safety culture and can draft policy and process as second nature. You’ll be joining us on this transformational journey as we embed further H&S processes and provide the wider business with the tools they require to remain safe at work so your ability to build relationships and leverage them to influence is critical.
You’ll spend almost 90% of your time ‘home based’ but you will need to make yourself available to travel to our National sites for the other 10% of the time which equates to a couple of visits per month. You’ll need to be comfortable and have the ability to maintain motivation while working remotely and independently on projects and action plans. You’ll be capable of analytical thinking and decision-making skills and be able to analyse complex situations by looking at multiple causes and effects. Your approach will be methodical and you’ll be two steps ahead by addressing problems before they have had time to arise.
This will be a fast-paced and pro-active role and you’ll need to be able to juggle and reprioritise at the drop of a hat, you might move from a PPE review to liaising with a regulatory body about new legislation and then on to implementing a H&S plan for a new mobilisation. You’ll be spinning lots of plates and the ability to do this whist still keeping track of the strategic objective is key!
Please note due to the nature of this position you will need to be fully mobile to travel across the UK and Ireland Region with a full UK Driving licence.
- Develop and maintain regional compliance standards for H&S, Food Safety & Environment that meet UK, Ireland (and UK & Ireland devolved regulatory requirements) and the Global Sodexo minimum requirements.
- Co-ordination and completion of all mandatory HSE statutory returns (e.g. CRC’s, Packaging waste, IIR)
- Work strategically through collaborate with platforms to ensure that compliance standards are embedded into standard ways of working including FM, Food Platform, Supply Management and HR
- Be the point of contact for the UK & Ireland Region on matters relating to HSE management and performance including technical advice, sales, bids, mobilisation, critical issues, investigations and innovation.
- Pro-actively develop and build external stakeholder relationships e.g. regulators, clients
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of NEBOSH, CMIOSH or Safety related degree
- Excellent working knowledge of HSE legislation and the ability to create HSE process documents
- A proven track record of HSE systems management and implementation
- Proven ability to lead teams, create networks and build influence and advocacy across different businesses and stakeholder groups to create a safety culture
Where we can be flexible:
- Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), and / or Chartered membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and/or member of Chartered Institute of Environmental Health CIEH would be highly desirable
- Experience working in a large and complex organisation with multi-purpose sites would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of managing risk and risk control strategies
- Experience with change management
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, Defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.