Regional Adult Nurse
Regional Adult Nurse: Home working & Community Setting
£32,000-£41,000 pa (equivalent to Agenda for Change band 6/7, depending on experience)
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and you want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity to grow and develop. We are an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
We offer complex clinical nursing care, led by an experienced registered nurse, to clients in their own homes from babies to children and adults of all ages
About the role
Predominantly based in the Worthing and Redhill area, you will be the ‘named nurse’ for a specified number of adult clients. You will also work closely with the clinical team based in Worthing and Redhill. This involves providing intermittent cover, oversight and support to a small number of adults in that region.
You will report to the Clinical Lead for the West and will be further supported by the Adult safeguarding Lead. During the Covid 19 pandemic, our regional nurses have been home based with access to branch office where required, to support on-going work in the community setting.
Our staff have access to weekly tests and the vaccination programme for all health and social care staff is currently being rolled out at pace.
Reporting to Clinical Lead for the West Region your role will include:
- Responsibility for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of complex clinical care packages
- Implementing our high standards of care
- Participating in quality improvements through supervision and audit
- Re-assessing and re-evaluating programmes of care when needed.
- Supporting non registrant carers to provide hands-on care; this involves teaching and undertaking competency assessments/ sign-offs.
- Being an active member of the nursing team – developing teaching tools, policy and sharing best practice whenever possible.
- Contributing to company-wide initiatives and improvement projects relating to clinical care provision.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic forward-thinking adults nurse, ideally with community experience and a teaching qualification or experience, although we will consider those with proven expertise and sound clinical skills in adults who are keen to gain community experience. You will have the confidence and competence to oversee a varied case-load, and contribute to the on-going development of nurse-led care provision and support to non-registrant professional carers delivering care.
- Current UK professional NMC registration: RGN/RCN/RN/RN:LD with significant ( over 2 years) adult complex needs experience
- Ongoing CPD evidence
- A recognised teaching and assessing qualification, 998 or Learning Through Mentorship
- Knowledge of adult safeguarding procedures
- To have had some clinical experience working within a community setting.
- Car owner, driver essential.
For further information please contact:
Vanessa Brooks-Oke, Clinical Lead for the West: , Telephone number : 07770496838
Closing date: Friday 7th May
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Looking to take on an exciting new career challenge in a fast-paced environment? Apply online today and we will be in touch within 48 hours to start your journey with Prestige Nursing & Care.
Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close a vacancy at any given time.
- Competitive salary with a bonus scheme related to performance
- Free DBS
- Flexible shifts to suit your lifestyle with a combination of home working with in-house IT support and resources, as well as branch and community based.
- Comprehensive induction, when new to role and in-house training
- Ongoing senior clinical support
- Continuous professional development and support towards revalidation
- An environment where learning and training is encouraged
- A friendly, community-based working culture
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
- Pension scheme
- Paid holidays
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.