About the Role
At Sodexo, we create a vibrant, warm welcoming atmosphere where we place our customers at the heart of everything we do.
As a Receptionist, you’ll enjoy the thrill of meeting and greeting new people and provide excellent customer service to all of our customers!
There will be great opportunities to grow and progress your career with Sodexo and we will support you throughout your journey with us!
A few things about you
Our Receptionist are at the heart of everything we do, so it’s important that fantastic customer service is always at the forefront! If you are a friendly, and approachable individual with great communication skills, this could be the perfect role for you!
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a receptionist before, what does matter to us is taking pride in what you do. A willingness to learn and develop new skills is a bonus too!
- Provide a warm, courteous and prompt welcome on arrival for all visitors.
- Handle all incoming telephone calls / enquiries promptly giving a warm, courteous welcome and using the agreed salutation.
- Ensure that all on the day meeting room bookings / queries / changes and requests are dealt with promptly and in a courteous manner. Report any issues to a line manager immediately.
- Anticipate client needs and follow up with clients to ensure that client expectations are met and where possible exceeded.
- Trouble shoot client and visitor problems using research and problem solving skills.
- Carry out regular checks of all client and internal areas including meeting rooms, lobby areas’ and cloakrooms to ensure all client areas remain clean & tidy.
- Provide and assist with meeting room bookings (booking, organising and confirming) including food ordering
The Ideal Candidate
- Literacy with Microsoft Outlook email, Word / Excel to intermediate level essential
- Easily engages in conversation and develops rapport with others
- Drive for and ability to comply with high standards
- Pays attention to detail
- Intuitive & interested in other people
- Flexible and adaptable to respond to differing client needs
- Confident, enthusiastic and motivated to deliver great service
- Organised and able to prioritise work activity
About the Company
Why choose Sodexo?
You don’t just join Sodexo, you belong.
What do we mean when we say belong?
It’s simple. You create a company where everyone is respected and feels that their ideas count. You take care of the quality of life of your people. You make your workplace inclusive, encouraging people to bring their whole self to work every day. That’s our philosophy in a nutshell.
A career at Sodexo won’t tie you down, it actively encourages your progress. The diverse range of roles we offer is truly infinite. Whatever your skills, experience or passion, you’ll be encouraged and supported to have a fulfilling career.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Click here to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life, health and wellbeing for our employees we provide discounts and benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs. In addition to the essentials like 20 days holidays (plus bank holidays) and pension contribution, we can help you take advantage of being part of Sodexo with benefits such as;
- Sodexo Discounts - discounts from over 1,200 top retailers with you earning WOW Points (cashback) as you shop
- Talk – a free wellbeing support helpline for you and your family
- Up to three paid days each year to volunteer
- Your Lucky Number Employee Lottery (this also supports the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation)
- Cycle to work
- Life assurance