We currently have an opportunity for a Reception Security Officer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Provide 5* welcoming experience that encompasses entering and exiting the building
- To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies, including fire and bomb scares ensuring all customers are kept fully informed at all times
- Provide assistance to third party contractors and visitors to site ensuring site policies and procedures are adhered to
- To ensure all site documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Diligent monitoring and completion of site records/reference material including H&S documents, Assignment Instructions, Incident Forms and Daily Occurrence Book
- To provide regular liaison and timely feedback to site management team on all aspects of security operations and service delivery, implementing effective solutions and corrective actions to enhance the service
- Ensure a timely response to any security concerns or events
- To develop excellent working relationships with on-site customers
- To learn all aspects of the reception role to support the smooth operation of the reception service.
- To engage fully in the ‘one team’ ethos
- Provide basic cleaning duties if required or requested by management / colleagues
- To ensure all customer and employee areas are set up and ready for business to be conducted the next day
- To be an initial contact for all visitors entering the floors and to provide an exemplary welcome at all times
- To deal with customer complaints and queries, seeking a resolve as soon as possible
- To escalate any concerns or complaints as deemed appropriate
- To liaise with Technical Services team regarding out of hours contractors
- Any other reasonable request by management
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience providing a security service in a corporate environment
- Experience of dealing with customers/clients and the public face to face and on the phone
- Good IT skills & excellent telephone manner
- Experience of working in multi-tasking environment
- Able to communicate on all levels, excellent customer care skills
- Presentable and personable
Security officer based on the reception desk of a busy corporate building.
£9.18 per hour, 40 hours a week 2pm till 22.30.
On site training delivered and progressive training throughout Sodexo.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.