Programmes Facilitator - Administration
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a Programmes Facilitator.
As a Programmes Facilitator you will assist in the administration and development of the Programme qualitative process. We are looking for someone with an interest in group work delivery and who has strong administration skills with previous experience in an administrative environment.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Prepare for and deliver sessions for Programmes.
- Assist in the administration and development of the Programme qualitative process.
- Liaise with OMU & Recovery Team staff in the management of residents.
- Contribute to the wider resettlement and recovery agenda.
- Contribute to the programme delivery strategy.
- Contribute to the development of pro social goals leading to a crime and substance free life.
- Develop Programmes in line with Audit and contractual requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in a similar environment or role - Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Able to operate relevant IT applications
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to manage competing work priorities
- Have an interest in group work delivery.
- Have an interest in working with people who have cognitive distortions for the purpose of Resettlement and Recovery.
- Vocational competencies around offending behaviour.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work autonomously.
- Knowledge of the differing treatment models and services available to residents
- Health, social welfare or voluntary sector experience
- Knowledge of the English legal system
Salary £25,500 per annum
Benefits including 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays),pension, discounted health cover, subsidised gym membership, free meals on duty and free on-site parking
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.