Prison Support Officer (PSO) - Days
HMP Peterborough are recruiting for Prison Support Officers (PSO) to work day shifts.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Full completion of application form on Sodexo careers website by 27th July 2022.
- Start Date of course: 26 September 2022 (You will be required to complete a mandatory training course. No annual leave can be taken during this period)
- Number of Jobs Available – 15
- Be a first point of contact to the general public and official visitors.
- Model appropriate corporate behavioural standards including representing the establishment and the unit/department in a professional and constructive fashion.
- Provide an efficient and effective support service to operational staff in designated locations within the prison, including Gatehouse, Control Room, Visits, Security, Stores and Residential control areas.
- Operate and monitor security and supervision systems within the prison.
- Operate and input data into Sodexo systems.
- Report any problems or concerns, potential breaches of security or Health and Safety hazards to the Duty Manager immediately.
- Ensure a thorough handover to incoming staff, making them fully aware of recent and forthcoming events.
The Ideal Candidate
- High level of inter personal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have a proactive approach to Equality and Inclusion.
- Have a proactive approach to Health and Safety.
- Ability to challenge inappropriate behaviour.
- Ability to perform tasks alone or in a team to a high standard without constant supervision.
- Proactive, systematic approach to tasks.
- Good IT skills.
- Good team player.
- Good initiative.
- Positive attitude.
£20,347.27 per annum
Excellent benefits including free onsite parking, shopping discounts, pension and 28 days holiday. 40 hour shift pattern working week, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Please note: initial communication will be via email, please monitor your junk and spam folders to ensure you are aware of next stage requirements.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.