Porter - Broomfield Hospital
As we find ourselves in these challenging times, you may be in a situation where you are looking for a new role or some temporary work. As a key partner to the NHS, Sodexo plays a big part in supporting the NHS through these unprecedented times, by providing a number of services.
We currently have a number of opportunities available to join our Sodexo Healthcare team at Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford as a Porter.
Porters play an invaluable role in supporting the day-to-day running of the hospital, delivering a quality portering service to all patients, staff (medical and non medical) and visitors to the hospital. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company.
You may feel uncertain around coming to work in a hospital environment at this time, but please be assured that the health and safety of our employees, clients, suppliers and the people we serve every day is our top priority. Each site is introducing the appropriate measures to ensure everyone's safety and monitoring this daily.
Join our team today and do your part in supporting the NHS during this difficult time!
- Transfer patients in a safe and appropriate manner to and from the wards and departments via means of walking, wheelchair, trolley, or beds
- Attend medical emergencies including cardiac arrests with the resus trolley / bag
- Ensure wheelchairs and trolleys are kept clean to minimise the risks of infection to patients and staff, in line with the Infection Control Policy
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Porters lodge at all times
- Ensure the cleanliness of the waste areas at all times
- Undertake any other necessary duties to ensure maintenance of an efficient Portering Service as directed by your duty manager or helpdesk dispatcher
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Empathy with patients and visitors
- Ability to follow instructions
- Effective communication and customer care skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.