We are looking for a plumber to join a team looking after the Student Living by Sodexo contract with regards to planned and reactive building maintenance, taking ownership of the repair and maintenance of the plumbing across the contract. You’ll ensure high levels of compliance and Health & Safety at all times.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop and showcase your technical skills and knowledge, whilst developing your career within a large organisation and vibrant University environment. We are looking for a skilled professional who is a personable, hands on team player. This role will be suitable to a candidate from a residential background such as hospitals, prisons, student accommodation, care homes and similar.
Please note, a full clean driving license is required due to the contract being spread out across Northumbria. You will be required to drive around the sites in order to manage the service delivery.
- Carry out and oversee the day to day operation which includes planned maintenance, project and installation works
- Take direction and receipt of planned or reactive workloads from the Technical Services Manager and via the use of IT Systems (CAFM)
- Take a leading role in the repair and maintenance of the plumbing and mechanical systems across the contract
- Undertake reactive repairs to water supply systems and equipment
- Analyse and provide technical advice and solutions supporting the team’s development
- Drive commercial acumen and value add across all areas of the contract
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with legislation, codes of practice, manufacturer’s recommendations, HSE recommendations and meets prescribed standards in the contract
- Deliver operational FM excellence in a manner that embodies excellent customer service with student focus
- Ensure that all services are deliver against agreed SLA’s and KPI’s in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner
The Ideal Candidate
- City & Guilds L3 Plumbing
- Proven experience in the field - at least 5 years (including apprenticeship)
- Good working knowledge Health & Safety
- A clean, full driving license
- Commercial Gas qualification would be an advantage
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process