We are seeking a Pharmacy Manager with excellent attention to detail to work within our healthcare team. Based in HMP Peterborough, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to the health, well-being and rehabilitation of offenders within the establishment. You will lead a team of support staff and work closely with a range of clinicians and non-clinicians from Primary Care, Mental Health and other health partners in ensuring effective delivery of pharmacy services.
You will have successfully completed a GPhC accredited Master of Pharmacy degree (MPharm) alongside one year's pre-registration training. It is also essential that you have experience of leading and managing a team.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
Working in a team delivering in-house pharmaceutical services within a prison setting. Assignments will include:
- Ensure the safe and effective running of the Pharmacy making sure that all Pharmacy staff understands their roles and responsibilities in relation to the Sodexo Justice Standard Operating Protocols
- Provide line management to pharmacy staff in line with Sodexo recommendations and professional requirements, when required
- Lead the team of pharmacy technicians and support workers in the day to day provision of pharmacy services
- Responsible for accuracy checking and clinically screening prescriptions
- Review prescriptions for accuracy and legality and identify actual or potential problems
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Successful completion of a GPhC accredited Master of Pharmacy degree (MPharm), which is a full-time, four-year course
- Successful completion of pre-registration training
- Successful completion of the GPhC's registration assessment
- Meeting the fitness to practice requirements for registration as a pharmacist.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- A strong focus on continuous improvement for processes and procedures
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
Up to £55,000 depending on experience
40 hours per week
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.