Patient Services Assistant Opportunities
As we find ourselves in these challenging times, you may be in a situation where you are looking for a new role or some temporary work. As a key partner to the NHS, Sodexo plays a big part in supporting the NHS through these unprecedented times, by providing a number of services including domestic.
We currently have a number of opportunities available to join our Sodexo Healthcare team at Wythenshawe Hospital as a Patient Services Assistant.
Patient Services Assistants play an invaluable part in supporting the day-to-day running of the hospital, as a key member of the Ward Team developing and maintaining the patient environment. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company
You may feel uncertain around coming to work in a hospital environment at this time, but please be assured that the health and safety of our employees, clients, suppliers and the people we serve every day is our top priority. Each site is introducing the appropriate measures to ensure everyone's safety and monitoring this daily.
Join our team today and do your part in supporting the NHS during this difficult time!
- To assist in the preparation of all patient food services.
- To ensure that all food is prepared and served in a safe and hygienic manner at all times
- The distribution of menu folders.
- Collect, wash, refill and distribute patient water jugs and glasses.
- To assist with the production of all meals necessary for the provision of patient service.
- The regeneration of food in accordance with Food Hygiene Codes of Practice.
- To plate and assemble patient meals accurately on tray for presentation to the patient.
- Assist nursing staff with patient meal service at designated times.
- Check temperature of foods and record prior to service to patients.
- Ensure that any patient requiring a special diet is served correct food in accordance with their needs
- Monitor and report wastage levels of patient meals.
- The preparation and service of hot and cold beverages at designated times throughout the day.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.