Painter & Decorator/Handyman
We are looking for a qualified painter & decorator/handyman.
We currently have an opportunity for a Painter, Decorator and Handyman to join our Sodexo team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Insert Main Bullet Points
- To undertake all Painting, Decorating and Handyman tasks that are in the scope of works.
- Always conduct all tasks in accordance to Sodexo and Site H&S Policies, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- To identify & carry out all general routine maintenance requirements on site.
- To ensure repairs, reactive and planned preventative maintenance is undertaken and completed as per work schedule requests.
- To work with and assist other colleagues to complete repairs, tasks and other works as required.
- To be aware of the company’s quality management system and, to follow any quality assurance work instructions that is applicable to this job.
- To carry out other duties dictated by the requirements of the business.
- To ensure the work area is kept safe, clean and tidy always.
- To attend to any training and reasonable management request.
- Will be required to use access equipment for working at heights.
- To undertake all additional duties and responsibilities as instructed by the helpdesk and management.
- Escorting, supervising third party sub-contractors, operatives as requested.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene, appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and company regulations. Wearing company uniform as specified.
- Report any safety hazards or issues to line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?...
- Trade qualified Painter and Decorator.
- Up to date Union Card holder.
- Up to date Safe pass is required.
- A full clean driving licence will be required to drive company vehicles on site.
- Over 5 years post trade qualification experience within a similar role.
- Must also have previous building fabric, handyman or general maintenance experience.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to working shifts. Evenings and Weekends.
- Ability to proactively work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks.
- Ability to prioritise work tasks based on customer needs.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to perform tasks that require physical fitness.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Attention to detail & accuracy is essential.
- Good Health & Safety knowledge and awareness.
- Working at height training.
- Manual Handling training.
- MEWP licence.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.