We currently have an opportunity for a Operations Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Assuming total accountability for the organisation, operation, administration, control and service standards of all meal and beverage occasions in the function rooms and bar service.
- Ensure that all financial targets are achieved within the designated area of responsibility
- Be active during service periods to ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered to the client and customers to maximise contract retention prospects.
- Oversee the set up and lay – up of function areas and ensure that all areas are set in accordance with the unit level service agreement.
- Reporting all defects of equipment’s, damage and any incidents involving theft or hazard to General Manager
- Hold Staff briefings with staff before each function / event
- Maintain up to date training records and ensure all training is up to date
- Action any customer complaints in a satisfactorily and timely manner, referring to the General Manager where necessary.
- Ensuring all shifts are covered accordingly within the labour budget
- Dealing with any disciplinary issues (with the guidance from HR) ensuring all paperwork is completed and forwarded to HR.
- Preparing weekly rotas to match the anticipated levels of business in line with financial targets and agreed budgets
- All health and safety information is completed and correctly, dates and signed
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous Managerial / Supervisory Experience / Hospitality and catering experience
- Organisation Skills
- BIIAB Personal Licence
- Uncompromising service standards
- A good understanding of profits and GPs
- Computer Literate
- Meeting budgets and exceeding revenue targets
- Motivating a multi-site team
- Leadership and liaison skills
- Resilience when facing setbacks
- IOSH and Food Safety Level 3 certificates
- First Aid Certificate
This role will require evening and weekend work and will be based across the Laing Art Gallery, Great North Museum and Discovery Museum
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.