Offshore Steward (Ad-Hoc)
Due to an exciting contract win, Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for 50 ad-hoc stewards to work offshore on our client installations.
These roles will be offered on a fixed term basis for 9 months, which may be extended.
As an integral member of the team you will contribute to the provision of quality laundry, accommodation, messroom and janitorial services whilst adhering to health & safety policies at all times.
Stewarding duties, including but not limited to:
- Cleaning of accommodation
- Cleaning of the mess hall
- Assisting during food service times
- Waste segregation and disposal
The Ideal Candidate
Some things we need you to have...
- A great attitude and willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and team work skills
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Fit to Train Medical
- BOSIET or FOET
- OGUK Food Handlers Medical
Ideally, you will also have...
- Food Safety Level 2
- Offshore First Aid Certificate
You should also be aware...
- This role involves working away from home for extended periods of time.
- Sometimes, you may be asked to extend your trip beyond what was originally planned.
- £200.40 per day worked offshore
- This is a 9-month fixed term contract which may be extended.
- Pension scheme
- Sodexo Discounts
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.