Offshore Chef Manager (Ad-Hoc)
Due to an exciting contract win, Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for 3 ad-hoc chef managers to work offshore on our client installations.
These roles will be offered on a fixed term basis for 9 months, which may be extended.
As an integral member of the team you will contribute to the provision of quality laundry, accommodation, messroom and janitorial services whilst adhering to health & safety policies at all times.
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the health and safety at work act, all other applicable regulations and all industry standards and guidance notes
- All food to be prepared and cooked off to the agreed standards in the agreed amounts and passed to hot press as requested
- Ensure that standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times, strict attention is paid to the requirement of the food safety act (particularly undertaking and recording of temperature controls and overall food hygiene)
- Ensure specific menu planning requirements are adhered to and standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times
- Ensure the ordering of foodstuffs and the prompt service of all meals at required times to Company and client specifications
- Ensure that personal working hygiene standards and those of staff for whom you are responsible meet both the company and statutory requirements
- Ensure budget requirements are adhered to and the efficient use of all resources is achieved, this can include; managing and rotating stock to ensure food safety and minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs, managing galley cleaning rotas, menu compilation and galley waste segregation
- Fully support and participate in all client and company Safety Initiatives
- Carry out any additional duties and any other tasks as requested, which are within your competency and which form part of the service to the client, such as the unloading of containers
The Ideal Candidate
- Fit to Train Medical
- BOSIET or FOET
- OGUK Food Handlers Medical
- Food Safety Level 2
- Offshore First Aid Certificate
- Minimum of two years of experience dealing with the management of resources (people, finance, etc)
- Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – Managing Safely
- Royal Institute of Public Health and Hygiene (RIPHH) Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety or Royal Environmental Health Institute for Scotland (REHIS) Intermediate Certificate in Food Hygiene
- City & Guilds 706/1 and 2 or
- NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation or
- Catering modules and two years of experience in catering management and Basic Food Hygiene and Safety Certificate or
- Industry experience is essential
- £267.60 per day worked offshore
- This is a 9-month fixed term contract which may be extended.
- Pension scheme
- Sodexo Discounts
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.