Multiskilled Site Operative - COVID 19 Local Test Site
WE NEED YOU!
As we head into winter, the message from the government is clear - we all must be as vigilant as possible and get a COVID-19 test whenever necessary. We at Sodexo are proud to be continuing our important work supporting the national response to control the virus.
Our COVID-19 Testing Sites are key to this and we are seeking additional testing support at many of our centres across the UK.
We are seeking to recruit individuals to work as part of a team of Multiskilled Operatives to provide support to the testing site.
The role of the Multiskilled Operative is to support the delivery and operation of testing for those patients that visit a COVID-19 test site. The roles will encompass all general daily tasks, inclusive of data input, test labelling, cleaning and deep cleaning, PPE distribution as well as supporting the end-to-end process of collecting samples from individuals.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Communicate with individuals that visit the site to be tested, ensuring they understand and are comfortable with the process
- Support and reassure the individuals throughout the testing process.
- Support with testing administration (recording Test Operative administrating test, test time etc.)
- Clean designated facility areas (sweeping, mopping, restroom cleaning)
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Deep cleaning of onsite cabins each day
- Undertake clinical deep cleaning
- Commitment to the work and to following the strict guideline and procedures required
- Supporting test lane testers with allocating testing kits and receiving test kits
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Comfortable undertaking clinical deep cleaning
- Previous experience as a cleaner is desirable however full training will be provided
- Good interpersonal skills and caring nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- You must be in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Willingness to work outside
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
- Hourly rate of £9.50
- This position is offered on a casual basis
- Must be flexible to work a shift pattern
- Please only apply for this role via www.sodexojobs.co.uk
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.