Multiskilled Operative - Mobile Test Unit (includes paid mileage)
WE NEED YOU!
As we head into winter, the message from the government is clear - we all must be as vigilant as possible and get a COVID-19 test whenever necessary. We at Sodexo are proud to be continuing our important work supporting the national response to control the virus.
Our COVID-19 Testing Sites are key to this and we are seeking additional testing support at many of our centres across the UK.
We are seeking to recruit Multiskilled Operatives to support the delivery of testing for service users that visit the COVID-19 Mobile Test Unit. You will complete a wide range of general daily tasks such as admin support, test collections, test drop offs, cleaning and sterilisation and be responsible for the disposal of medical and biohazard waste. You will need to have the flexibility to change tasks as and when required and rotate into the different roles, ensuring to always provide general support and deliver service excellence for our service users.
Typical working hours are on average between 8.00am and 4.00pm with rest breaks in-between. Travel to and from the mobile test site location is paid for in addition to working hours and is within an hour's distance from the base test site.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have access to a vehicle as the location of the test site will change from day to day. You will have to ensure that whilst travelling to site, you are adhering to government guidelines and social distancing measures.
Mileage for travel to and from testing site paid at HMRC rates (from base test site).
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Support the delivery of services at the Mobile Test Unit, communicating and providing an efficient, effective service for each service user who visits the Test Unit
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
- Undertake training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensure PPE is worn and changed as required
- Ability to support and communicate with all Service users in a calming and professional manner
- Maintaining a good effective communication chain with the MTU Manager and Supervisor around all deployment operational issues.
- Rotate into other roles as needed, providing general support to ensure a smooth delivery of services
- At request of MTU Management be available to take on other tasks within the Covid19 Test Centres Project
- Distribute test kits at the entrance of the car park, explaining the procedure to each service user
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Good interpersonal skills and caring nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- You must be in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household
- You must have a valid driving license as you will be required to complete a driving license check
- You must have access to your own vehicle as you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance from the Rapid Test Site with travel expenses
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Willingness to work outside
- Must be able to commit to working 3 days on and 3 days
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
- Understanding of PPE practices is desirable, however training is provided
- First aid trained
- Cleaning and sterilisation experience
- Experience of transporting medical waste (the collection of PPE and biohazard waste)
- Experience working in a medical, clinical or health environment
- Hourly rate of £11.00 per hour plus mileage and travel time in addition to this
- You must have a valid driving license and access to your own vehicle as role involves travelling to a different location within local area each day
- Mileage for travel to and from mobile test site location paid at HMRC rates (from base Rapid Test Site)
- Travel time to and from mobile testing site paid as additional hours
- Successful candidates will need to be available for an immediate start
- This position is offered on a casual basis and candidates must be able to commit to a working pattern of 3 days on and 3 days off
- Please only apply for this role via www.sodexojobs.co.uk
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.