Multiskilled Operative - COVID 19 Mass Testing - Mobile Testing Unit
We are seeking to recruit individuals to work as part of a team of Mobile Multiskilled Operatives undertaking COVID Lateral Flow Testing for the county of East Cheshire.
You will complete a wide range of general daily tasks such as queue management, cleaning and deep cleaning, registration, preparing and processing tests, providing guidance for self-testing and ensuring that the mobile site is set up efficiently for all service users. You will also be responsible for processing and recording test results and the disposal of medical and biohazard waste, including PPE.
You will need to have the flexibility to change tasks as and when required and rotate into the different roles, ensuring to always provide general support and deliver service excellence for our service users.
You must be flexible to work on a shift pattern and available to start immediately. You must have access to your own vehicle as you will be required to drive to various locations throughout the day.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
Please note, due to the nature of the role, you will need to have access to your own vehicle. You will have to ensure that whilst travelling to the various Lateral Flow Testing Sites that you are adhering to government guidelines and social distancing measures.
- Support the delivery of services at the Testing Site, communicating and providing an efficient, effective service for each service user visiting the site
- Communicate with individuals that visit the site to be tested, ensuring they understand and are comfortable with the process
- Support and reassure the individuals throughout the testing process
- Being versatile to changing demands on site, whilst understanding role may change dependent on test kit availability
- Support with testing registration and administration (registration, preparing, processing and recording test results)
- Support with sample analysis and record accurate results.
- Commitment to the work and to following the strict guideline and procedures required
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
- Undertake training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensure PPE is worn and changed as required
- Ensure to adhere to site guidelines and procedures at all times, always wearing the correct PPE as required
- Clean designated areas (sweeping, mopping, restroom cleaning)
- Routine cleaning, including cleaning each booth after a service user has completed their test
- Undertake clinical deep cleaning
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Good interpersonal skills and caring nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Previous experience as a cleaner
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- You must be over 18 and in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
- Willingness to work outside
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 Clincally Extremely Vulnerable (high risk groups, more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
Please note you will not be permitted to have your mobile phone on your person whilst working on site.
- Hourly rate of £12.50
- This position is offered on a casual basis
- Successful candidates will need to be available to start in role immediately
- You must have access to your own vehicle
- Please only apply for this role via www.sodexojobs.co.uk
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.