Multi Skilled Services Engineer
We currently have an opportunity for a Multi Skilled Services Engineer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The post holder must have a multi skilled approach to a wide range of work of other trades outside your core trade skills, and be able to undertake work in a safe and effective manner, complying with all relevant safety legislation and procedures and complying with the Estates Health and Safety Procedures on all works undertaken.
- The multi skilled approach will require crossover beyond that of Electrical/Mechanical into the areas of general building repairs.
- The ability to organise and prioritise own workload, where required, and to work with minimal supervision and also have the ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- To provide cover for other Multi-Skilled Crafts Persons in cases of annual leave, sickness and vacancies.
- At all times carry estates communication devices (pagers/bleeps/radio) to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
- Communicate with colleagues, patients and visitors in a polite and courteous manner at all times to ensure a high level of customer care. Keep service delivery managers up to date, at all times, with engineering and building issues that may affect their service delivery.
- Review the stores and identify critical and regularly used items, which should be held as ‘standard stock items’ in the future.
- To take direction and receipt of planned or reactive workloads from the Deputy Estates Manager, Helpdesk or Estates Maintenance Planner and Coordinator for completion.
- To undertake the day to day operation, planned maintenance, fault finding and repair, periodic inspections and testing of the complete spectrum of services found in a building services environment to include -
- LV Sub Station Distribution and associated Electrical Systems
- Stand-by Generators
- HVAC systems
- Water Systems and Distribution
- Sanitary fittings
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Boiler Controls and associated equipment\services
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Nurses Call Systems
- Building Fabric and Structure
The above is not intended as an exhaustive list, but as an illustration to the diversity of plant and equipment to be maintained.
- To interpret technical schematics and drawings and utilise this information to perform planned preventative maintenance, rectification of faults and installation of new equipment.
- Work under pressure meeting deadlines to ensure plant down time is kept to a minimum and key performance indicators (KPI’s) are achieved.
- To ensure that planned preventative maintenance and associated work is implemented efficiently to specified requirements and provide assistance with improving these requirements on a continuous basis.
- To clearly identify and record concise details of test results and actions taken when rectifying break-downs and further action required to eliminate or minimise future problems. Ensuring that these records are kept up to date at all times.
- To communicate all necessary information regarding breakdown problems, alteration to planned preventative maintenance and technical information acquired i.e. training courses attended or technical bulletins to their colleagues.
- To liaise and work with Specialist Contractors as requested and co-ordinate their workload.
- To take delegated lead responsibility (this could be at Authorised, Responible or Competent Person (CP) level) for specific plant and/or systems to ensure they operate safely, effectively and efficiently, as delegated by Estates Management.
- Undertake surveys of engineering plant and services as directed.
- To reflect a flexible and professional approach to their responsibilities and provide an active input to updating procedures to improve efficiency of site plant and machinery. Take a pro-active role in introducing improved, more constructive methods of working.
EDUCATION AND LEARNING
- To undertake training as required enabling them to perform their duties competently and to keep up-to-date with new developments and technology.
- Provide training, technical advice and support to trainees and other departments within Sodexo, Healthcare and our client.
- To provide the necessary support to enable apprentices to be instructed in all aspects of engineering and building services.
- Take responsibility for own learning and development by recognising and taking advantage of all opportunities to learn, supervision, action own learning requirement and by maintaining a professional/personal portfolio of learning
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- To ensure all relevant Health and Safety, COSHH and Permit to Work Regulations are adhered to at all times
- Report any deficiency in Health and Safety systems or documentation to own Line Manager or Manager of area concerned.
- To attend Occupational Health for health surveillance, vaccinations, following accidents and for monitoring as layed down by Sodexo Policy.
- Co-operate with and attend training provided for health and safety purposes.
- To promptly report in accordance with Estates, Healthcare polices and procedures all incidents and near misses.
- To participate in an on-call rota (which includes weekends)
- To maintain up to date skills and knowledge, and keep up an awareness of patient led service issues
- To maintain a professional/personal portfolio
- To adhere to Sodexo standards of behaviour and expected performance
- To value diversity and promote equality ensuring that individuals are treated fairly and respected for their contribution in terms of experience, knowledge and skills
- Infection prevention is the responsibility of each individual. Employees are required to strictly adhere to the Client’s Infection Control Policy, procedures and guidelines and should actively encourage other staff and visitors to comply. In particular, ensuring that you use appropriate hand hygiene practices at all times.
Risk Management / Health & Safety:
- The post holder is responsible for the management of risk in all the areas for which they are responsible. The post holder is also responsible for ensuring compliance with Sodexo’s Health and Safety Policy. The post holder must ensure that duties are carried out in accordance with health and safety regulations. The post holder should not endanger the health and safety of him/herself or others whilst at work.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualification in or Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical Building Services.
- Time served Engineer with at least 5 years relevant post experience in Healthcare or a similar environment.
- Ability to Multi-task across mechanical, electrical and building discipline’s at a basic level
- Good organisational skills with the ability to organise others.
- Analyse and provide technical advice and solutions.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non –technical staff.
- Prioritizing own workload and working under own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Experience of working within a Building Maintenance Organisation.
- Basic supervision of maintenance contractors
- A good understanding of the interrelationship between assets and their maintenance and lifecycle requirements.
- Understand user’s requirements and the concepts behind various maintenance regimes.
- Working knowledge of H & S. Working knowledge of relevant current legislation and guidance.
- Strong sense of client focus.
- Prepared to contribute to how the department operates
- Educated to HNC/HND or equivalent experience in an Engineering or Building discipline.
- Basic report writing skills
- Good leadership skills
- Experience with Personal Digital Assistant (PDA’s) systems
- Understanding of Health Technical Memorandums (HTMs) and any Statutory and Technical requirements for the operation and maintenance of plant and engineering services
- Experienced team worker
To carry out the operation and maintenance of all plant and systems. The role is site based and forms part of a small team at Zurich The Grange Cheltenham but wil include 2 other Cheltenham locations from time to time and for out of hours on call that extends to PPM work in order to provide a safe and high quality service to Zurich. To assist the General Services Manager, Senior Management Team with operational KPI reporting through Global Maximo, manage small projects and to ensure reactive works are addressed within SLA timescales.
To liaise closely with the client, attending meetings and form close working relationships with a high level of professionalism in corporate surroundings. Responsible for the quality and consistency of Sodexo delivery across the hard services. To establish and maintain relationships with individuals at all levels within the business and the client organisation. To ensure that all statutory regulations relating to safe systems of Work, Health&Safety, Cleanliness, L8 ACOP, Hygiene, Fire and COSHH standards are met or exceeded
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business