Mobile General Assistant
Join Sodexo and be part of something greater. You belong in a team where you can act with purpose and thrive in your own way.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with set up and service of hot and/or cold meals.
- Sanitise and clean workstations and equipment.
- During meal times, serve and restock food from counters and steam tables, tidy up stations, and follow recipes or product instructions to estimate food requirements.
- Engage with students in the eating, retail, and serving areas.
What you bring:
- A driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Professionalism, empathy, and a positive outlook on life
- Basic food-handling skills
- Prior work experience is not a requirement as training will be given.
What we Offer:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we also offer a range of resources, rewards and benefits for our colleagues and their families:
- Unlimited access to an online platform offering mental health and wellbeing support.
- Employee Assistance Programme to help with everyday issues or larger problems where you may need additional support, including legal and financial advice, support with work related issues or personal issues such as bereavement.
- Access to a free health and wellbeing app that provides rewards for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and includes access to a 24hr virtual GP and various other services.
- The Sodexo Discounts Scheme, offering great deals 24/7 (also open to friends and family) and/or the prepayment cashback card.
- Money Insights and financial benefits via the Salary Finance Platform.
- Save for your future by becoming a member of the Sodexo Retirement Plan
- A death in Service benefit for colleagues who pass away whilst employed by Sodexo
- Opportunities to enable colleagues to grow and succeed throughout their career at Sodexo, including a variety of learning and development tools.
- Cycle to Work Scheme to help colleagues to do their bit for the environment whilst keeping fit.
- Volunteering Opportunities to enable all colleagues to help support worthwhile causes in our communities.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Full training and full protective uniform supplied
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
**Sodexo and our Clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (UK) and / or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland)**
*Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications
At Sodexo, our purpose is to create a better everyday for everyone to build a better life for all. As the global leader in services that improve the Quality of Life, we operate in 55 countries, serving over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of On-Site Food and FM Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services.
- We are committed to being an inclusive employer. We are a forces friendly employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds, and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
- We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
- We’re a ‘ban the box’ employer, which means we don’t ask people to disclose their convictions unless the role needs a security check.
- We recognise the potential of people with convictions in the job market. Helping those with a criminal history securing employment is not only critically important for the individuals themselves but can also be hugely beneficial for wider society. Offering second chances can be an effective investment in local communities and a great solution for local skills and labour market needs.
Click here to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.