Mechanical Technical Officer
Sodexo have a fantastic opportunity for an mechanical technical officer to join us at our flagship energy client site in central London.
In this new role you will be responsible for the professional technical mechanical operations, providing SME support for business and client objectives.
You will act as the senior authorised person relating to mechanical disciplines and ensure compliant operations and support with development opportunities.
You will be qualified to level 5 in a relevant mechanical technical qualification and have a good understanding of planned and reactive maintenance across a large office building and be able to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a first class team working in partnership with a top corporate client
- Ensuring all Sodexo obligations such as planned, reactive and project work are performed in such a manner as to comply with regulation
- To become Sodexo authorized person within six months of appointment
- Develop business cases and technical specifications for operations, new works and project related activity
- To undertake inspections to ensure quality standards, both in terms of workmanship and materials, are maintained
- Ensure stringent health and safety control measures are adhered to
- Providing advice and assistance on all works and issues to the Technical Services department
- Represent Sodexo as SME within the mechanical environment including but not limited to Pressurised systems, HVAC, Boilers, Lifts, Open & Closed water systems, Chillers, Gas
For a full list of responsibilities please review the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant Mechanical Technical Qualifications level 5
- Ideally hold membership of a professional body within an mechanical discipline
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all levels within the organisation
- An effective team player
- Capable of working on own initiative and without supervision
Circa £50,000 plus excellent Benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.