We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Planned and reactive maintenance to a variety of mechanical equipment within a office, laboratory and pilot plant environment
- Ensure all pressure systems are isolated, recorded and documented as per permit or isolation processes prior to any work commencing
- Maintenance of Pilot Plant equipment
- Maintenance of steam systems
- Maintenance of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Machining of components using drills, lathes and pipe threaders
- Preparation of pressure systems as required for insurance inspection purposes
- Carry out steam boiler blowdowns
- Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments.
- Ensure all tasks are risk assessed through site specific or dynamic assessments
- Ensure working areas and plant rooms within pilot plant and Sodexo controlled areas are kept clean, tidy and any issues reported.
- Complete and submit operating documentation accurately and punctually.
- Completion of documentation as required, including purchase requisitions and delivery notes.
- Prepare quotation information
- Take part in on call rota as required.
- Offer support to other functions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Time served mechanical/bench fitter certified to work with pressure systems
- Ability to maintain, repair, fault find and amend specialist equipment such as;
- mixer vessels, pressure rigs, process systems and steam control systems
- boilers, calorifiers, steam controlled plate heat exchangers, condensate recovery systems and humidity rooms
- Experienced in operating in a DSEAR environment
- Trained to work with a variety of pipework systems including;
- dairy grade stainless steel
- solvent welded ABS
- compressed air
- demineralised water
- Have a proactive approach to task completion and team effort.
- Positive outlook and attitude with excellent housekeeping and working practices
- Polite, courteous and excellent communicator with both colleagues and client on work progression
- Portray at all times a professional image to our client.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.