About the role
Are you the go-to person.. the one who answers the questions, with the know of how to keep the facilities running like clockwork? We are looking to recruit a Mechanical Craftsperson to support the operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and installations within the hospital estate at Queens Hospital.
You will be the specialist who will provide technical engineering advice and support for the maintenance of equipment, fabric and utility services across the Hospital estate.
You will ensure the safe operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment within the hospital estate, carrying out a range of repairs and new works to a high standard. You will also carry out planned and reactive maintenance services both inside and outside of operating hours, reading drawings as required.
A few things about you
We are looking for a skilled, time served mechanical professional with experience of mechanical maintenance / installations, who holds a C+G/Btec or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
You must be a fully competent AP, appointed in the fault diagnosis, maintenance repair assets a few examples include:
- LTHW Heating Systems
- Hot Water Calorifiers Refrigeration
- Air Handling Units / Ventilation Systems
- Compressed Air and Medical Gas Systems
As Sodexo embeds a strong Safety culture in everything we do, there will be procedures, site specific guidelines / requirements and regulations to follow such so it is vital that you have a good understand of Health and Safety at Work regulations and previous experience adhering to set engineering standards.
Previous experience in CAFM and BMS systems would be great. You must be skilled in the hands of repair of all plant and equipment, having the ability to fault find, read drawings, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment.
You must be a strong team player with great communication skills, who enjoys working as part of a team. You must be able to work unsupervised and be able to prioritise work tasks whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- To work in hazardous areas taking all safety measures to prevent danger, avoid injury and prevent damage to equipment
- Liaison with contractors appointed on Maintenance tasks, capital projects and minor upgrade works.
- To liaise with subcontractors and the in-house team regarding plant or equipment, update and take instruction from the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Work overtime to carry out emergency repairs as required by management.
- At all times to carry Trust/Sodexo communication devices (Tablets/ mobile phones etc) to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to inter-trade flexibility
- Provide such flexibility as necessary to cover emergency works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and participate in the on-call rota.
- Observe all statutory and legal requirements, particularly in relation to Health & Safety at Work Act, Health Technical Memoranda and current legislation.
- Use Sodexo’s CAFM system for work processing and monitoring of estates Maintenance procedures in the required timescales.
- Have the ability and willingness to work across all trades within the sphere of their competency and under guidance from others if outside this.
- Liaising with the Client, Helpdesk, contractors, Clinical nursing staff and heads of departments regarding work requests, information & planning.
- Provide trade skill expertise and provide information and assistance to the management team as requested
- Provide such flexibility as necessary with a can-do attitude
- Convey a professional image of the Estates department to the client whilst encouraging and maintaining good working relationships with all users of the Estates service
- Able to carry out fault finding with the ability to diagnose problems and improvements along with hands on repair of designated plant and equipment.
- Have a good knowledge of Hospital building services not limited to but including: - Boilers, Ventilation and Air Conditioning and associated control systems, Heating and Cooling systems and all other general mechanical installations.
- To undertake Authorised Person duties as per operational requirements.
- To provide subject matter experience and advise on operational requirements in either Water, Ventilation, Medical Gases, Pressure systems and Decontamination.
- To be able to risk assess, identify hazards in the workplace and implement control measures.
The Ideal Candidate
40 hour per week contract
Be part of an on call rota plus allowances
About the Company
Why choose Sodexo?
You don’t just join Sodexo, you belong.
What do we mean when we say belong?
It’s simple. You create a company where everyone is respected and feels that their ideas count. You take care of the quality of life of your people. You make your workplace inclusive, encouraging people to bring their whole self to work every day. That’s our philosophy in a nutshell.
A career at Sodexo won’t tie you down, it actively encourages your progress. The diverse range of roles we offer is truly infinite. Whatever your skills, experience or passion, you’ll be encouraged and supported to have a fulfilling career.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Click here to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life, health and wellbeing for our employees we provide discounts and benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs. In addition to the essentials like 20 days holidays (plus bank holidays) and pension contribution, we can help you take advantage of being part of Sodexo with benefits such as;
- Sodexo Discounts - discounts from over 1,200 top retailers with you earning WOW Points (cashback) as you shop
- Talk – a free wellbeing support helpline for you and your family
- Up to three paid days each year to volunteer
- Your Lucky Number Employee Lottery (this also supports the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation)
- Cycle to work
- Life assurance