We currently seeking an experienced Management Accountant to join our unique Sports & Leisure segment to support operational financial accounting. The role holder will be exposed to a diverse, exciting, challenging and fast-paced business which offers immense opportunities for personal and professional growth. The role will be based in Salford but the ability to work from home is available.
Rise with Sodexo
- Act as a Record to Report (R2R) specialist for the business area
- Partner with the business to monitor, interpret and close accounts
- Review the GL balance sheet reconciliations for their business area
- Maintain all accounting policies for UK&I, e.g. project accounting; and support establishment of new policies where applicable
- To assist in the maintenance of the finance Systems, including but not limited to set-up, coding, report writing, interfaces between systems.
- Support the production of budgets and forecasts
- Act as local point of contact for the business and liaise with ESSC to resolve escalated issues and urgent requests
- Liaise with the central finance R2R teams to ensure standardisation of processes and procedures where possible
- Implement R2R specific projects including updating specific policies and procedures when requested
- Manage internal queries
- Prepare and submit other managed reports and returns
- Collate commentary and provide value add to reporting
- Drive compliance in the business; identify areas of non-compliance to improve accuracy, reduce the number of journals
- Support internal and external audits as required
- Support preparation of financial statements required by clients to contractual timescales and attend client finance meetings if required.
- Take a pro-active approach to developing all systems and processes behind the management accounts
- Provide support to finance leadership in preparation for and attendance at review meetings
The Ideal Candidate
- Part Qualified (or qualified by experience)
- Proactive, responsive and action orientated
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and flexible in approach
- A strong focus on quality and alignment to Sodexo values
- Preferably knowledge of Financial Systems/ Tools including SAP & Hyperion
£30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Salford based/Working from home
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process