We are looking for a highly competent maintenance manager to join our team in Rochester for a high-profile manufacturing client. You must have a solid experience in managing multi building services and plant engineering. Substantial experience as a maintenance craftsman, preferably within an engineering role is essential along with previous appointment as an Authorised Person and a good working knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations.
- Ensure the safe operation and repair of all M&E building services and fabric equipment on the site.
- Co-ordinate labour (direct and sub contract) to ensure delivery of the Planned Preventative Maintenance Service
- Running and delivering minor works and project works.
- Ownership of Sites Snow and Ice Plan
- Undertake both planned and reactive maintenance activity within personal levels of competence and lead their team from a technical perspective. Typically, it is expected that the post holder will spend approx. 50% of their time in a ‘hands on’ role and the remainder on supervisory/admin/audit/quality duties.
- Responsibility for the operation of the Permit to Work System.
- Delivering Tool Box Talks to respective multi trade teams
- Ownership of engineer’s competence and highlighting training requirements to Site Operations Manager
- Encourage and participate in departmental energy saving schemes and promote the understanding and importance of the economic use of energy.
- Undertake employee Performance Reviews including the identification of training and development needs.
- Monitor site performance of sub-contractors and make recommendations for sub-contractor nominations.
- Undertaking self-audits of in house engineers and contractors “point of work” assessments
- Use of IT systems to provide/monitor data within the CAFM, Quality Assurance and other management re-porting systems.
- Ownership of materials required for task and record keeping of work shop spares and tooling
- Record keeping of all maintenance to the IMS both hard and electronically
- Ownership of calibration for respective tooling
- Involvement and ownership of actions from and for audits for respective areas of responsibility
- Responsible with the SHEQ team for the upkeep, monitoring, assessment and reviewing of Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in multi building services and plant engineering
- Substantial experience as a maintenance craftsman, preferably within an engineering role.
- Previous appointment as Authorised Person for one or more of the following disciplines, LV, Mechanical Services, Confined Spaces, Boiler and Pressure Systems.
- Experience of Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
- Excellent communications both written and verbal.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- HND or NVQ or equivalent in a relevant subject
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process