We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Handyman to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To identify & carry out all general routine maintenance requirements on site
- To ensure planned preventative maintenance is undertaken and completed as per work schedule requests
- To be aware of the company’s quality management system and in particular, to follow any quality assurance work instructions that is applicable to this job
- To carry out other duties dictated by the requirements of the business
- To ensure the workshops area is kept clean and tidy
- To attend to any reasonable management request
The Ideal Candidate
• Experience within a similar role.
• Ability to proactively work as part of a team.
• Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks.
• Ability to prioritise work tasks based on customer needs
• Adaptable and flexible in approach to work when required
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to perform tasks that require physical fitness.
• Resides geographically for contract support
• Results/tasks orientated
• Experience within the following systems
• Plumbing skills
• Understanding of Lamp changing process and hazards.
A great opportunity to work for a prestigious client in their UK&I head office in the heart of Surrey.
As part of the Technical Services Team the successful candidate will work in a key role at the heart of our clients head office operations.
To carry out all building services general handyman duties, assist the building services technicians and aid emergency procedures on site.
- General handyman tasks as required, to include basic building fabric maintenance and repair,
- Replacement of light bulbs and other unskilled mechanical and electrical tasks.
- Changing AHU filters
- Carrying out weekly tap temperatures
- Able to respond to and contain emergency tasks whilst awaiting arrival of site engineer.
- Support site based electronic records for all tasks and activities.
- Ensure health and safety at all times.
- Wear PPE in accordance with instructions.
- Uphold the integrity of the company at all times,
- Provide support and assistance to Sodexo operations and site based engineers.
- Work outside of normal working hours if required.
- Assist across all contracted sites.
- Portable appliance testing
- Attend monthly/ weekly meetings and Toolbox talks.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong experience in commercial buildings.
- Some basic building skills.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Experience in similar position.
- Basic administrative experience.
- Some technical knowledge would be advantageous but not desirable
Personal qualities – Skills & Competencies
- Confidence and commitment to provide a high quality, professional service
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks
- Ability to prioritise work tasks
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
- Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Detail conscious
- Acceptable personal grooming standards
- Ability to perform tasks that require physical fitness
- Compliance with a non smoking, alcohol and drug free company policy
- Compliance with company administrative procedure
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.