HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Electrician to use appropriate trade skills to provide installation, testing, examination and maintenance works within the prison.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Carry out repairs and preventative maintenance to all electrical systems where suitably trained within the establishment.
- Maintain accurate records of all preventative maintenance and repair work carried out and report in detail any substandard or defective equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on electrical systems and fixtures
- Escort specialist contractors and work beside them as required
- Carry out, out of hours call out procedures on an “On Call” rota system and take appropriate action
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have served a recognised apprenticeship and obtained relevant trade qualification
- Authorised testing and inspection City & Guilds 2394-2395.
- Qualified electrician
- High level of personal skills
- Have a positive approach to Health and Safety
- Proactive, systematic approach to tasks.
- Ability to work to correct time schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to perform tasks alone or in a team to a high standard without constant supervision
37.5 hours per week on a shift pattern
Salary £27,533 per annum plus 20 days holiday, free meals on duty, gym access, pension and shopping discounts.
Will be required to work Saturday & Sunday 8am to 12pm for 1 in every 6 weeks (this will be given back as time off in leiu)
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC