We currently have an opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To ensure that the Company and Statutory regulations regarding health, safety and hygiene are complied with.
- To ensure that the Company’s standards of cleanliness are achieved and maintained.
- To maintain the Company’s standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- To maintain the cleanliness of the stores and refrigerator areas.
- To ensure that foods and non-food products are correctly put away in rotation.
- To undertake any reasonable requests by Management.
- To assist with basic food preparation as required.
- To assist at special functions, some of which may occasionally occur outside normal working hours.
- To always maintain a high standard of dress and behaviour.
- To ensure standards within the food offer are maintained
- To report any complaint or compliment.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate.
- To ensure that all aspects of the Food Safety Act 1990 are adhered to.
- To attend training sessions and staff meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
- Literate and Numerate
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve performance criteria.
- Positive approach to learning in role
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role< >Hygiene qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience
- Hygiene qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience
Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Location: Woldingham School, Caterham
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: This position is 40 hours per week, 5 out of 7, 40 weeks per year
Hours of Work: 7.00am – 3.30pm and 11.15am – 7.45pm shifts available
Why join us? :
- Meals provided – free meal on breakfast, lunch and dinner time dinner shifts
- Working closely with a passionate and sociable team
- Career opportunities are endless! You can work your way up to becoming a Supervisor and Team Leader, then to General Manager
- On-site parking
- Opportunity to develop into full time role
- Extensive training and development
- Uniform provide, including protective clothing
- Access to Sodexo Supports Me support network
This position requires a DBS check, including checks with past employers, paid for by Sodexo. You must be eligible to work in the UK!
You will need to maintain clean working environment at all times, with special regard to hygiene and to assist with the service of food and cleaning of the establishment to the Company’s standard and the client’s satisfaction.
APPLY NOW – If this sounds like something you would like to hear more about then please apply now
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).